I can’t believe I’ve been writing for the Student Affairs Collective for an entire year. All good things must come to an end, and this is my last post for the emerging #SApro series. Don’t worry – I’ll still be writing for the SAC, just as a seasoned pro now. *hair flip emoji*
My first year as a new professional has been unforgettable. I still remember being terrified on my first day of work and wondering if they made the right choice in hiring me. Reflecting on the last year, I know I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be and I feel so fortunate to work my dream job every day.
Here are my top ten highlights from year one at Point Park:
10. Getting that first real job paycheck.
9. Posting the first photo in Point Park Instagram history to reach 400 likes. Then the first to reach 500 likes.
8. Reaching 1,000 views on Point Park’s Snapchat stories.
7. Snapchatting two Stanley Cup victory parades that passed through our campus.
6. Winning a Gold Education Digital Marketing Award for Instagram.
5. Winning the Striving to Achieve Remarkable Service Award (STARS) from Point Park.
4. Getting my first paid speaking engagement.
3. Getting published in a student affairs textbook (now available for pre-order here).
2. Preparing to teach my very own class this Fall.
1. Working with the most creative, talented, hardworking students. I could never do my job without my student team and I owe so much to them. Thank you to Sydney, Daniel, Brittany, Annie B., Annie T. and Maggie for making #PointParkSocial amazing.
Thanks for following along with my wild, crazy, exciting first year! Look out for future SAC posts from me & stay connected on LinkedIn (Felicia McKinney) & Twitter (@feliciapaigexo).