Here’s a quick overview of how the #SACHAT works:
- The #sachat happens on Twitter. Follow @the_sa_blog to get all the updates.
- The chat happens weekly on Thursday with a DAYTIME chat from 12-1pm CST and an EVENING chat from 6-7pm CST.
- 12-1pm CST and 6-7pm CST are only guidelines and obviously you can engage in the #sachat whenever you want
- Every Wednesday, the community will vote on a topic to discuss the next day. The topic will be the same for both the DAYTIME and the EVENING.
- To Join, add #sachat somewhere in your status update
- To Follow in real time, search Twitter for #sachat
- To Catch up, use http://wthashtag.com/Sachat
- Unanswered questions will be posted on The SA Forum
- Moderators (using this term very loosely) for the #sachat will be The SA Bloggers
- Anyone can participate (you don’t have to be in Student Affairs)
- When the feeling moves you, do a post on your blog about that week’s #sachat to keep the conversation going
- Learning and fun are mandatory and all those not learning and having fun will be asked to smile
The purpose of hosting a weekly #sachat is to give our community of knowledgeable professionals an opportunity to strengthen their personal learning networks within Student Affairs. Share some knowledge. Gain some knowledge. Make our entire profession better!