Welcome to another great episode of The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast!
We have the pleasure of welcoming Alex Fields to the podcast this week! She speaks with Dustin about her story about workplace engagement; the good, the bad, and the ugly as well as how to foster more engagement, and prevent disengagement. They also address the recent Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) updates. We’re happy to be able to feature Alex here with our audience as she is an awesome member of the SAC Leadership Team!
We greatly appreciate Alex taking time out for the show!
- Alex Fields: Twitter, LinkedIn
- President Ono’s Twitter
- Maslow’s Hierarchy and Workplace Engagement Infographic
- FLSA Overtime Rule and Higher Ed
- Guidance for Higher Ed and FLSA
- Gallup: “Millennial Job-Hoppers: What They Want”
- Houston Chronicle: “Signs and Symptoms of Negative Employee Engagement”
- “Engage Employees and Boost Performance”
- “Self-Determination Theory and the Facilitation of Intrinsic Motivation, Social Development, and Well-Being”
- #SAChat: “Leaving Student Affairs”
- 5 “Love” Languages in the Workplace
- Gallup’s 12 Questions to Gauge Workplace Engagement
Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and also be sure to rate us in the iTunes Store & on Stitcher. It really helps us out!
Thanks for listening!