Welcome to another great episode of The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast!
This week’s guest is Chelsea O’Brien who works at Rochester Institute of Technology. Dustin and Chelsea talked about serving veteran students, of which Chelsea has a personal, vested interest in since her husband is a veteran currently navigating higher education. We appreciate her sharing her story and insights on this important topic. Chelsea references a lot of great resources so be sure to check them all out in the show notes.
Much obliged to Chelsea for taking time out for the show!
- Chelsea O’Brien: Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog
- “Nightmare in Class” – Chelsea O’Brien, The Student Affairs Feature
- Million Records Project – A Review of Veteran Achievement in Higher Education
- “In Transition” by Sarah Niss
- “Considering Student Veterans on the 21st Century College Campus” by David Vacchi
- Student Veterans of America
- American Council on Education – Military Students & Veterans
- Veterans in Higher Education – NASPA Knowledge Community
Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and also be sure to rate us in the iTunes Store. It really helps us out!
Thanks for listening!