Welcome to another great episode of The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast!
In honor of our November series, we happily welcome Dr. Daniel Tillapaugh to the show this week. Dustin sat down with Dan to speak about the current status of the masculinity conversation, how Dan discovered it as a point of interest, and where folks can dive into the topic if they’re interested. There is a lot of great stuff talked about in this episode so find the links for all of it in the show notes.
We’re grateful to Dan for taking time out for the show!
- Dan Tillapaugh: Site, Twitter, Email
- The Good Men Project
- “Guyland” by Michael Kimmel
- ACPA Standing Committee on Men & Masculinities
- NASPA Men & Masculinities Knowledge Community
- #MenInSA Blog Post Series
- 2015 Conference on College Men
- American Men’s Studies Association (AMSA)
- “College Men and Masculinities: Theory, Research, and Implications for Practice” by Shaun Harper & Frank Harris III
- “Masculinities in Higher Education: Theoretical and Practical Considerations” by Jason Laker & Tracy Davis
- Cosplay is Not Consent: The People Fighting Sexual Harassment at Comic Con
- “Fake Geek Girls” Paranoia Is About Male Insecurity, Not Female Duplicity
- #GamerGate: What is it and Why? An Explainer for Non-Geeks
Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and also be sure to rate us in the iTunes Store. It really helps us out!
Thanks for listening!