Welcome to another great episode of The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast!
This episode is proudly brought to you by…
This week’s awesome guest is Laura Pasquini. She chats with Dustin about the basics of online education currently and how to best support these students. They also go over how this all translates to student affairs work, and Laura also gives a slew of excellent resources, so be sure to check everything out in the show notes.
Appreciate Laura taking time out for the show!
(Also, quick announcement; we’re finally now on Stitcher! We know a lot of folks listen through that so we wanted to offer more convenience for our listeners. Enjoy!)
- Dr. Laura Pasquini: Twitter, Email, Blog, About.me
- Backwards Design (Wiggins & McTigue, 2005) & The Logic of Backwards Design
- WCET’s Guidelines for Creating Student Support Services Online [PDF]
- UCF’s Blendkit Course (#Blendkit2015) & Blended Learner Interactions
- Checklist for Selecting Technology using Dr. Tony Bates SECTONS framework from his latest book http://opentextbc.ca/teachinginadigitalage/
- University Design for Learning (UDL) Guidelines 2.0
- Horizon Report for Higher Ed 2015: My recap and the FULL 2015 REPORT
- Online Education in the US 2014 Report & my 2 cents
- Grade Change: Tracking Online Education in the US [REPORT] & my overview
- College Board: Education Pays & How College Shapes Lives 2013
- Professional affiliations/organizations to learn more:
- Online Learning Consortium
- EDUCAUSE – Specifically the Educause Learning Initiative (ELI) and Educause Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR)
- National Distance Education and Technological Advancement (DETA) Research Center: The DETA Summit (Feb. 2015) & my blog re-cap
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
- Quality Matters – Online Course Design Benchmark; 8 quality standards rubric
Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and also be sure to rate us in the iTunes Store & on Stitcher. It really helps us out!
Thanks for listening!